If you are over 18 and want to join ERN, please follow the link below to “Entry Central”, an on-line service that’s easy to follow and quickly verifies your application. We look forward to meeting you and welcoming you to our club. Membership runs from 1 April until the end of March each year. Please note that we must limit membership to over 18s only as we do not have a juniors section.
Why Join ERN?
There are several benefits to joining the Edinburgh Running Network. For only £20 per year you receive the benefits of:
- Expert advice: our instructors, Fiona, Gordon, Elly, Andrew and John have certificates of fitness in running and walking. Advice and questions can be emailed to email@example.com.
- Planned sessions and routes: based on instructor knowledge and experience, training sessions are designed to meet each individual’s training and fitness needs. All sessions incorporate warming up and cooling down to promote fitness and prevent injury.
- Group training: all training sessions take place in a group. This is of particular benefit to those concerned about safety, especially if they are unfamiliar with routes or running on their own. People also tend to push themselves harder and achieve more success from training in a group. Running in a group is also far more motivating and inspiring, especially on the dark winter nights when staying at home is all too tempting!
- Training for beginners: Many running clubs ask that you have the ability to run for at least 1 hour before joining. At ERN we work with jogscotland where they can provide training for new runners and where their beginner’s sessions introduce you gently and gradually to the concept of running, so you progress at a safe pace, avoid injury, and enjoy training with people at a similar level of fitness to you. jogscotland also provide training at intermediate level with the aim of being able to complete a 5km fun-run. Details of both classes can be found at jogscotland.
- Individualised training plans: Gordon and Fiona can provide you with and/or help you plan a training programme for any upcoming race or event based on your level of fitness and running goals.
- Advice and experience from other runners: by sharing stories, difficulties and interests with other people in the club, you’ll receive valuable information to further improve your running experience. Members regularly share favourite running routes, training tips, running magazines and books, and advice on gear, as well as links to massage therapists and physiotherapists who specialise in running-related injuries.
- 10% off gear at some of your favourite local running stores: Run 4 It and Run and Become offer discounts to club members.
- Discount on race entries: as a member of a scottishathletics affiliated club, you are entitled to the reduced membership fee to scottishathletics, a saving of £5. If you join scottishathletics, you are also entitled to reduced entry fees for scottishathletics licensed races, typically a saving of £2 per race. For further details of how to join and the additional membership benefits that scottishathletics provide (quarterly PB magazine, Edinburgh Leisure reduced fees etc.) go to http://www.scottishathletics.org.uk/membership/
- Meet people: joining ERN provides a great opportunity to meet new people and make new friends. We hold ERN social runs and events throughout the year such as the summer BBQ and meals and drinks out. We look forward to meeting new members at our next social event!